Sunday, August 13, 2006

Part 2- 18 Shooting in Pusan... Standby



We arrived in Pusan yesterday with the first team, and started to work on the location from early morning.
The weather forecast predicted 60 percent rainfall, bur once we started moving, it turned completely sunny.
We actually preferred having good weather from tomorrow…
With such thoughts lingering in my mind, we drove around the sites by car.

The coordinators on the Korean side are members introduced to us from the FC (Film Commission) of Pusan. I can’t remember all of their names yet. I think there were two “Kim-sans” and a Kan-san… ?
But I can tell they are great people.
All relationships begin with a good personality… and then the attitude towards one’s job. And capability.

We went to a number of places in one day, and in the evening joined the main team that arrived from Japan.
After all the staff gave a toast, “kanpai (cheers!)”, in a relaxed atmosphere to celebrate the start of our filming in Pusan, the producer Choi-san and I went to Haeundae to have dinner with Lee Soo Hyun’s parents.

We had so much to catch up on… but the majority of the conversation went on in Korean.
The three of them were so engrossed in the conversation, that they had forgotten me (laughs).
But I put my instincts to full gear and listened to what they were saying… surprisingly, I was able to make out a lot of it. Being trained by ear during the past few months, I was able to hear the words.

They mentioned that they were coming to Japan around the fifth of August.
This would mean that we would surely be able to see each other in Nagoya. I look forward to that!

The only concern we have now is tomorrow’s weather…
Though we hear that the typhoon is coming, the sky is yet quiet.

(originally posted in Japanese on July 26, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home