Monday, July 31, 2006

Part 2 - 8

We had a shooting at the Lotte factory in Shin Okubo.
Hong Kyung Min-san plays a businessman who is a graduate of Soo Hyun’s Japanese school. Just by coincidence, he comes to visit the factory where Soo Hyun worked as a part-timer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This a photo of Lotte candies, my cigarettes, and the Korean Jinro Chamisu I drank too much of last night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I wrote this scene based on the fact that many Korean students actually worked in this factory.

During the shooting, Hong Kyung Min, Lee Tae Sung, and I were interviewed by Sankei Sports Shimbun and Tonichi News. They will be releasing this article in tomorrow’s paper.

The shooting went very smoothly.
Although the scene is completely in Korean, I can tell that Hong Kyung Min understands what I am trying to say just by listening to my Japanese explanation. We seem to have good chemistry, because he apparently understands my ideas before it is translated into Korean. Such great instinct!

Lotte is involved in this film as our special sponsor.
This factory is where Lotte began its business, and it was a strange coincidence that it stands right in front of Shin Okubo Station, where our story takes place.Adding to that, upon learning that Lee Soo Hyun’s father and the president of Lotte were from the same town, Lotte offered their full support on our project.

Shooting ended by early evening, and we (Hong Kyung Min, Lee Tae Sung, the people from the music business and the reporters from the papers) had dinner at a Korean restaurant nearby.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hong Kyung Min shared his story on how he began to be involved in music to his respect, or should I rather say adoration towards his aboji (father). It was his father’s advice that prompted his decision to participate in this film.

His determination upon starting his activities in the Japanese music world, seemed to somewhat overlap with Lee Soo Hyun’s sense of responsibility and passion in trying to bring Japan and Korea together.

I too, revealed my thoughts even more passionately than usual. I talked about how films and music have the power to bring people together, and also about the potential this power has, taking the Beatles as an example. Shaking our hands on this, I felt the tightness of his heartfelt grip. This was going to be the beginning of a great friendship…. I was convinced of this that night.

(Originally posted in Japanese on July 5, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home